“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.”—Eleanor Roosevelt







Thursday, January 5, 2012

Week 1 DIG 315

I learned a lot in the first week of class both through the lecture and readings.  Graphic design plays a large role in the print and wed.  I look at it as a visual enhancement that attracts one's attention to draw them into whatever information is being offered.  Print is more in the moment, a tangible item that offers a concise amount of information for the reader.  The web is always there to look at and view, it has some of the same qualities as print, but expands on it.  The information on the web is continuous and constantly evolving.  It gives us more options.  I have a good outlook for the the course in general.  I have always wanted to learn more about web design, and it has already sparked my creativity.  I am already thinking about ideas for my own website, and think it will be a helpful tool in an upcoming business adventure. 

The process of blogging is somewhat new to me..... I'm sure that via social networking I have had some experience with blogging.  I'm on the fence with how I feel about blogging, in terms of who can view my posts, and the fact that once it's out there, it's forever there.  I think it will be a useful tool to enhance interacting with others in class and serve as a good way to express myself in regards to the class and what I'm learning.  I looked at some of the other "bloggers" backgrounds, and was surprised that several people had the same ones.  I liked Kim's, it reminded me of the beach...who doesn't love the beach!  Austin's blog, made me feel like an amateur....obviously he's a little more advanced than I! 

No comments:

Post a Comment